Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stretching The Space Between Stimulus and Response

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
Viktor Frankl

In our everyday life it is not very often to notice how our response to a stimulus arises, however there are times we have the chance to get a rough idea of how this response or parts of it is getting formed gradually, for example some times I can notice how blood runs to my face when I get angry. And there are also times that I have some idea of my intentions when the response is getting created, and in some of these occasions, I feel I have some control over my thoughts and intentions and actions, I feel I can somehow manipulate them to some extent.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could notice this space between stimulus and response more clearly?
Wouldn't it be nice if I could prolong the time I have more control over what I can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment